Aug 15, 2012

Old Pictures

I've been terribly neglecting my blog and even though I've been keeping myself busy, I don't want to give any explanations of my procrastinating since they will only sound as coward excuses.
I wanted to show you what my husband and I made for his paw paw GB and his (our) mom Sherry.
We went to NY city on our honeymoon and we visited the MOMA. Of all the exhibitions from famous artists, paintings, sculptures, etc, that you can find in a Museum like this. We found this exhibition sharing one room with other photographers, but it gathered the attention of most visitors. It consisted of black frames with white background and randomly placed black and white old pictures of regular people from the 50's to the 80's some of them were color photos too. 
It was funny to see how everyone was so interested on looking at the pictures of random people doing regular everyday activities trying to find out who they were, what were they doing at that very moment, what they were wearing, why did they take that picture, and somehow relating it to us. To the pictures we take, occasions in our life that we think must be photographed.
So we went to paw paw GB's house to gather some pictures from his life and we came up with these:








So this was our result, we gave them to Sherry and Mr. GB and I think they loved them! Now we want to make some for our walls.


Estas fotos nos las dio el abuelito de Eric, Mr. GB, y nos inspiramos en una exposición que vimos en el MOMA. Desde que las vimos pensamos que queriamos hacer esto en nuestras paredes... pero hasta ahora solo hicimos 2 y fueron de regalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome to leave a comment!
Bienvenidos comentarios :)